The Story Stroll is a series of 10 story boards on wooden posts installed at the Burr Ridge Village Center that encourage readers of all ages to follow a path in order to finish the story. We created the Story Stroll to encourage families to interact with each other and the world around them by reading and walking. We believe that reading and walking both have numerous benefits and increase physical, mental and intellectual health.
The Story Stroll was built by Andrew Cole as an Eagle Scout project. It has been made possible by Eagle Scout Troop 101, The Darien Lions Club, and the Indian Prairie Public Library.
Current Story: Frida by Jonah Winter
Get 20% off on the featured book at Barbara’s Bookstore.
Discount only applies to book or story on display. Does not apply to past stories. Visit Bookstore for details.
The Community Room is for the residents and tenants of Burr Ridge and Burr Ridge Village Center. If you do not meet the resident criteria, please call the Management Office at (630) 654-2782. The room is for not-for-profit use only. If you would like to reserve the room, please call the Management Office at 630-654-2782, and complete the reservation form, prior to your reservation. Reservations must be made Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Community Room Hours:
Monday through Saturday: 10:00am – 7:30pm
Sunday: 11:00am – 5:30pm
The Village Green is an open space to go and enjoy a Starbucks coffee, read the newest book or just enjoy the fresh air.
Kids can enjoy our splash pad, while parents supervise in our comfortable furniture. A Burr Ridge Village Center Bags set is also available during mall hours when weather permits.
Our Fire Place Pavilion, is where shoppers and diners can enjoy before or after visiting their favorite Burr Ridge Village Center store, restaurant or beauty treatment!
The Village Green is home to our Summer Concert series and other Signature Events.
8:00am – 9:30pm
Unfortunately, due to extenuating circumstances, the Splash Pad is closed for the time being. Once repaired we will announce on our Facebook page and Instagram profile. Thanks for understanding.
Enjoy our Splash Pad in the warm summer months. The Splash Pad is located on the Village Green and is open daily from 9:00am to 8:00pm.
- During Summer Concerts and select events, the Splash Pad will be turned off at 5:00pm.
- For Maintenance or weather concerts
Splash Pad Rules
- Children must be accompanied & supervised by an adult at least 18 years old at all times.
- Groups over 10 and all parties and events must be approved in advance by Burr Ridge Village Center Management.
- Use caution when playing in the fountain
- Rough play and running are not permitted.
- Appropriate swim attire is required to use the fountain
- Swim diapers are required for young children
- Rubber footwear is encouraged
- Adults are required to wear shirts & shorts/pants at all times
- Diaper changes must be done in restroom areas
- If a child is sick, recently sick, or suspected to be sick, should not play in the fountain
- Pets or animals of any kind are not permitted in the fountain or on the Village Green
- This Splash Pad is monitored by Cook County Health Department. If any fines are issued due to a violation of the above rules, fines will be sent to the violator and then trespassed from property.
For questions or to report violations – please call Management at 630-654-2782 or Security at 630-203-3113
Burr Ridge Village Center offers a safe walking path for our furry friends! Select stores welcome pets, please look for our Pet Friendly Paw Print in front of the store. Please keep well-behaved pets on a leash or in a carrier.
- All pets must be leased or inside a carrier at all times.
- Pets must be under the supervision and control of their owners at all times.
- Owners must remain with their pets; pets are not to be left unattended.
- Pet-friendly stores will have a paw-print decal at their entry way, to indicate that pets are welcome inside.
- Pets are not permitted to enter any restaurants (with exception of service dogs).
- Pet owners are required to pick-up and properly dispose of any pet waste. Fido Houses are located near residential building North of the Village Green, and behind the residential building at the South end of the shopping center. For a map designating Fido Houses and where pets are allowed, please go to www.ShopBurrRidge.com, and go to Amenities or visit one of our parking garage lobby.
- Should an accident occur outside, please call Burr Ridge Village Center at 630-654-2782.
- Should a pet be deemed aggressive or hazardous to shoppers, residents, mall employees, owners will be asked to remove them from the property. Only leased, well-behaved pets, please!
- Pet owners must comply with the laws of the state of Illinois relating to pets.
- Owners who violate any of the above rules will be fined $25 for the first offense.
Management Office: 630-654-2782
Mall Security: 630-203-3113
Burr Ridge Village Center is private property and solicitation of any kind is prohibited.
As a mixed-use outdoor lifestyle center we pride ourselves on sustainability and cleanliness. Please let us know if we do not meet your expectations.